Today we will start with a new topic during our Science Lessons. During a couple of weeks we will talk about PLANTS. First of all it would be good to start with a THINKING ROUTINE: THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, we will use this to check what you remember or know about plants.
We can watch a video to introduce the topic. Please during the video we will deal with a new THINKING ROUTINE: HOT WORDS, write down in your notebook important words (just words) about the video.
Plants have roots, stem and leaves.
- ROOTS: they are in the soil. They absorbed from the soil through the roots.
- STEM: it supports the leaves. It transports water and nutrients to the leaves.
- LEAVES: They are used to breathe and make plant's food.
It is the biggest group of plants.
- Small flowers, but no fruit.
- Seed are together in a small cone.
- Most of them are tree: Pine trees.
- They have flowers
- They have fruit.
- Chessnut trees.